Can you name seven other benefits of working out?
1) Exercise improves your mood – Exercise stimulates chemicals in the brain which may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed.
2) Exercise combats chronic diseases – Exercise can help you manage high blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
3) Exercise helps you manage your weight – This one is pretty self explanatory…the more calories you burn, the easier it is to manage your weight
4) Exercise strengthens your heart and lungs – Exercise helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently.
5) Exercise promotes better sleep – A boost in activity can provide a better night sleep….especially if you wake up at 5am!
6) Exercise can put the spark back into your sex life – Exercise improves circulation, which can lead to more satisfying sex!
7) Exercise can be fun – Whether it be rolling around in the park or hiking with your kids, exercise can be a fun group or family activity.
Anyone would agree that all of these are great benefits of working out. And most of them are pretty easy to believe. But how does exercising actually make you happier?
There are two hormones in the body that with exercise affect a person’s mood. Cortisol is a hormone the body produces when anxious, stressed, angry or afraid. When working out burns cortisol and in turn our mood increases. The second hormones are endorphins. Exercise stimulates the pituitary gland to release endorphins. These endorphins then attach themselves on receptors that normally send pain-signaling molecules to other parts of the brain. No wonder everyone at RialtoBoot Camp is so happy!
Aside from losing weight or going down a size, what other changes have you noticed in yourself since you started working out?